These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Weird problem with fixture #2

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
senzacija
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Weird problem with fixture #2

Post by senzacija »

Hello guys!
Okay, I have weird problem with my freestyler fixture #2.
Basically, when I turn cuelist on and off, fixture #2 freezes. Same goes with overriders.. if I turn override button on, in the next scene fixture freezes.
Here are some images:

Started up fs

Turned up scene (everything is okay)

Turned off scene (sh*t happens... see dimmer [with overrides, same thing goes with rgb])

When I turn the scene back again, everything is okay.

I've tried experimenting with these and with all combinations, including reset to fixture defaults, but no luck

I've rechecked all of my sequences, all of them are what are supposed to be (for dimmers, dimmer control (flash or step), colors are ignored etc.., for colors, rgb control (flash or step) and dimmer is ignored, etc..)
I only have problem with it! I've programmed fixture by myself, and all of fixtures are using the same fixture file. I've doublechecked fixture file by doing Edit Fixture, and everything seems fine. I've also tried with earlier version of FreeStyler.

Here is my FS setup:

Currently using 3.6.5.. any help is appreciated
Cheers

senzacija

Re: Weird problem with fixture #2

Post by senzacija »

Update
I've just figured out what is the cause, but I still can't find solution. Problem appears when I make my fixtures move using Shapes. I've tried creating a new sequence, I've selected my moving heads only and I added a random shape to all of them and clicked On and saved it. Again, same problem. As soon as I remove chaser sequence from my cuelist, everything is fixed. I've doublechecked my sequence to see if it affects my fixture #2 and it seems okay

I've attached images below to explain my situation better

senzacija

Re: Weird problem with fixture #2

Post by senzacija »

bump.. any help? is it a bug or I did something wrong?
thanks in advance

Return to “FreeStyler Software”