These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Host of Issues.. Dmx resetting, cue list does not save

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Nuphotonix
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Host of Issues.. Dmx resetting, cue list does not save

Post by Nuphotonix »

Howdy folken DMX Nuts! Ok... first Im using a UDMX controller, on a intel dual core in a club setting. The list includes 12 -8 channel RGB pars, 6 20 watt mini moving head chicom copy of q-beam. 2 technobeams, 4 martin robo scan 812's a wireless transmitter and seven receivers. Ok, the fixture arrangement is also the same on the PC. The system is hard wired from the sound booth, through the first four pars, then the six scanners, then onto the stage to the 10 Led Pars in the back(5 par channels) through the roboscans terminating with the DMX transmitter. From there wirelessly, to the remaining three par channels, and wirelessly to the techno beams.
Just to be clear on our setup.
No for the good news. It all works. when its all setup, everything works. I can control each fixture. ok?
My issues are: Besides the initial setup for the cue list. The sequences are not saving. Is that because im only using 1 dmx controller with freestyler 1024?? Everytime the software boots, it zeros out the six scanners to dmx channel 1 as a reset value. the par dont and the technobeams dont. is it the controller?? Confused here.
hanks!!!!!!

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Host of Issues.. Dmx resetting, cue list does not save

Post by Partyman »

The reason the fixtures act different on boot is because in the Fixture files there are default values that the lights go to at startup. If you want to change that behavior you have to adjust the fixture file in fixture creator.
As far as programming sequences goes we need to know the steps you are taking to know what you are doing wrong.

Rusty
Nuphotonix
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Host of Issues.. Dmx resetting, cue list does not save

Post by Nuphotonix »

I will detail this.. thanks!

Return to “FreeStyler Software”