These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Multiple override buttons active at the same time

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
lightman1990
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Multiple override buttons active at the same time

Post by lightman1990 »

Dear all,

I'm new to freestyler DMX and also to this forum. I use Freestyler in my mini club i build for me and my friends in my basement. I have 2 quad gems and 1 laser from an unknown brand (self created fixture).

I can get everything done what i want to do with freestyler BUT...

Some override buttons can be active with others at the same time. Other cant.
There is also something weirds, when i activate for example button 1 and after that button 2, both are active. When i activate button 2 first, button 1 is disabled when i enable button 2.

None of the buttons has the "disable all" activated.
Can someone explain me why this happens, and how to solve?

I user FS on Windows 10 pro with an enttec open DMX dongle. I hope it is posible to activate multiple buttons at 1 time for all buttons. Ofcourse with the exception when i mark "disable all buttons" that it disables all buttons.

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Multiple override buttons active at the same time

Post by Partyman »

You can activate multiple Overrides at once no problem. Somewhere in your programming you have overlapping channels or you have channels that are "off".
If you have a button that turns a light blue and the light is 4 channels but you only adjusted 2 channels then you have 2 channels that are unaffected by the override therefore you could have another override affecting the other two channels making it where they can both be active at the same time. If you used all 4 channels (even if they are at zero) then the next override will disable the last.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”