These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

can this software do this

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
JoeBlankenship
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

can this software do this

Post by JoeBlankenship »

I have been looking over the freestyler software and think it may meet my needs, but am not sure. Here is what I am looking for. I have an elation controller with two 4 channel dimmer packs. I have 8 light cans (not sure of brand) that I use with them. we only use them for our church Christmas play. This year, I am wanting to sync the lights with about 15 songs. The lights do not move with the beat, but various ones come on and off at different times in the songs that matches the scenes we are acting out. for example, during a song, there may be action on the left side of the stage ad later on the right, I want the lights to be able to go off on one side and on on another at predetermined set points in the songs. Is this possible in this software? Thanks!

buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Re: can this software do this

Post by buttza »

Your looking for a Timeline option. If you are trying to run to track you might be better of using a midi trigger to trigger the scenes. Ableton Live then run copperlan midi to talk between the 2 computers.
Otherwise you might need to use timeline dedicated software.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”