These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Possible to control Freestyler from outside the program?

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
wrybread
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Possible to control Freestyler from outside the program?

Post by wrybread »

I'm trying to trigger commands in Freestyler from another program. Is there a commandline interface, or any other way to execute commands in Freestyler without having to click things in the Freestyler interface?

Specifically, I'm trying to trigger buttons on the "Programmable Override Buttons" window. If I could control them with keyboard shortcuts, that would do it.

Thanks for any help.

dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Possible to control Freestyler from outside the program?

Post by dmxlighting »

yes you can make keyboard shorts for many FS features including override button, cuelist buttons, blackout etc.

You can also control many features using midi signals from a host of 3rd party devices and apps etc.

If you want there is a way to control FS using telnet commands too but you might find that's a bit more advanced
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert

Return to “FreeStyler Software”