These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Spreasheet for Programming Scenes?

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
btodag
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.634
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Spreasheet for Programming Scenes?

Post by btodag »

I'm a super newbie, got a few scenes to blink for me today at lunch.

I'm an engineer by day, tons of spreadsheet work.

Is it possible to use a spreadsheet style interface to create scenes? I want a table of sorts where I can type in values for the parameters because I'll create them quickly in a spreadsheet using code).

Simple RGB concept, I might type in this:
Fixture 1 0 255 0
Fixture 2 255 0 0
Fixture 3 0 0 255

and then add a scene and type in this:
Fixture 1 255 0 0
Fixture 2 0 0 255
Fixture 3 0 255 0

I can't find any mention across the forum or any interface that is table form that will accept my values.

Thanks!
Brian

spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Spreasheet for Programming Scenes?

Post by spud1511 »

I may stand to be corrected by someone else - but I think the option doesn't exist to be edited like that. I would imagine that as you learn to use more attributes there are too many other values (scene times, fade time, snap/fade/off mode selection, etc) that need to be taken into account but can't just be 'another column' because they link to and affect other related 'cells' too. Then think when you start using the FX generator to save time or create more varied effects (sine, sawtooth, etc) then how would you include that in a number cell?
Not wanting to shoot down your idea (because I remember starting out with that kind of mindset), but rather hoping that if you look ahead in the learning curve of what you could be including in the future that it might make sense why we don't just do it that way, otherwise your show would be limited to a grid style playback with no 'layers', just one scene, then the next, then the next, etc, which if you were just going to limit yourself to that you would be missing the point of using a PC in the first place, and could buy a cheap standalone dmx controller to do that.
Sorry if that's not quite the answer you were expecting [emoji848]
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

Martin M-PC is also works free with an Enttec pro dongle and I believe it works like a spreadsheet
btodag
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.634
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by btodag »

Thanks, I'll check that out.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”