These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

lights play in cue a slightly different color than I set

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

lights play in cue a slightly different color than I set

Post by perrip »

I'm sure I may have done something wrong, but I had to bail on freestyler and go back to a board because of this after programming freestyler for like 15 hours. when I set the lights Chauvet led par 56, to a specific color and made a bunch of sequences, added them to a cue, and went to play the cue, the lights would come up a slightly different color (example reds would have some green mixed in). Any help with this would be so appreciated
thanks, really want to get away from the board.

spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: lights play in cue a slightly different color than I set

Post by spud1511 »

How are you selecting the colours? are you using the RGB sliders or the general colour swatch?

If you are using the sliders to put red 100%, green 0% and still seeing some green then you need to check your fixtures addressing and that it is set to the same channel mode as the freestyler fixture profile (eg 3, 4, 7 channel mode, etc).
Otherwise if it's with the swatch picker tool it could be something as simple as your computer monitors not been calibrated to shows colours accurately and is a bit off. In fact a lot of TV's and monitors I have come across are surprisingly off - usually to try and make it seem more vibrant than the one next to it in the shop window I guess.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Well I have tried it both ways, and double checked it by looking at the sliders, and during playback I can see that sometimes there is a little bit of another color added, could it be that another sequence is affecting it? I thought of that and it doesn't seem to be but maybe I am missing something
spud1511
FS is my life

Post by spud1511 »

If you playback all your saved sequences - one at a time - do you still see it?

You could also make sure the first scene in all your sequences sets the unwanted colour channels to zero (eg the bit by the slider indicates 'snap'/'fade' rather than 'off'). That way if any of the old sequences left a value on the RGB channels it will clear it.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Ok, thanks so much. I haven't had a chance to get to where the lights are, but I should be heading there soon. So I want the bit by the slider to indicate 'snap'/'fade' ?
spud1511
FS is my life

Post by spud1511 »

Yeah, being on snap or fade will tell freestyler to listen to and apply the zero values on the channels you wish to be on zero. Leaving it set to 'off' will tell freestyler to ignore the zero value and leave it on wherever it was previously.

There are benefits to that behaviour which given a bit more time and experience will allow more flexibility in creating and stacking different scenes together. But it always seems to confuse beginners and makes me think the snap/fade/off concept might need its own dedicated tutorial (if it hasn't already) as it's pretty fundamental to everything else you do later on, and you wouldn't be the first person caught out by it.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Man I feel like a total spaz, I cant see how to turn it on I must be missing something, is it in the sequence creator? I think your are definitely right that I need it to be on snap or fade, I can see why leaving it off is good especially for setting up submasters
Yves
Just started using FS

Post by Yves »

On the menu "Output" -> "Show output" you can see all dmx values of the concerning fixtures. Maybe you can see if the output is different or the same between the sequence creator and when the cue is played.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Thanks, I'll give that a try, I really need a setup at my house,for learning it is a pain to get into the stage I should be going in the next few days.
Thanks again
Yves
Just started using FS

Post by Yves »

I like the "Magic 3D Easy view" to see what happens without building all the lights at my house. When I create new cues or modify them, I use a 2nd display. One for Freestyler and the other one shows Easy View. In Easy View you can also see all DMX values.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Thanks, i will try that out! quick question, so if I set the sliders on fade (rather than snap or off) if I want them to snap can I change that in the cue by disabling fades? and will that set each sequence to run more like a board (if the light is not on in a programmed scene it will not show up?)

Return to “FreeStyler Software”