These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

non fading sequences are fading, need help fast:)

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
reauxbeaux
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

non fading sequences are fading, need help fast:)

Post by reauxbeaux »

Hi,

I have lonly a couple of daysto finish a show using freestyler, for a tour my band will be doing. I have 10 individual rgb lights.

For every song I made a different cuelist.

For example:
*Cuelist 1* (triggered by cuelist button)

intro song 1 (static)
verse song 1 (fading steps)
chorus song 1(Fading steps)
bridge song 1 (fast steps, no fade) <-- PROBLEM
verse song 1 (fading steps)
chorus song 1(Fading steps)

I have it setup so that i can trigger the cuelistbutton, so the right song(cuelist) comes on. I then switch trough all the different sequences in the cuelist. It's in the mode we're there is allways just one sequence active(if i start sequence nr 2, it will stop sequence nr 1, and the other way around.)

The problem:

when I make a sequence of 5 steps, with lowest fade(500) and fastest speed (100), it will have some sort of fading, but i need it to strobe. if i remember correct, it works perfectly if i go trough all the steps, but nog when i start the sequence mid song. all the lights look like they are stuck on 80%, when they are not strobing to 100%. If i manually click "dissable fades on the right of the cue, it plays perfectly, but somehow I can't store it in a way that it plays that way. (or is it possible to store settings like "go back to previous value, disable fades, etcetera?)

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thnx,

Robbert

reauxbeaux
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Re: non fading sequences are fading, need help fast:)

Post by reauxbeaux »

to be clear:

the lights don't go back to zero when they are strobing
spud1511
FS is my life
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by spud1511 »

Ok... Usually led par's have a strobe function built in. If you post a link to the manual and the fixture file you are using then any experienced user (or failing that then me..lol) can have a quick check to see.

You can also select the setting to always start a sequence from the first scene (from the settings cog button in cue window).

If you really didn't have a standard strobe function and absolutely had to manually make a strobe-like effect you would want a fast USB - dmx interface (like 40 Hz) and a low scene time in the scene editor (maybe 100ms), and to click on the green word fade by the lights colour channels on every fixture for every step you are changing until it reads 'snap' instead (so no fade at all).

Eg.. Scene 1: all led par lights = SNAP - 100%
Scene 2: all led par light = SNAP - 0%
Just making sure the arrows to the right of scene name in the cue window are set to repeat the cycle.
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

Doesn't the FX Generator do that anyways? :)

Return to “FreeStyler Software”