These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

how do I play all steps in the cue list?

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
tonym1
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

how do I play all steps in the cue list?

Post by tonym1 »

Hi
I'm fairly new to Freestyler and DMX control so forgive me for what might appear to be a stupid question.

I have created multiple steps from scratch and saved them into the same cue list. When I play the first step without the loop feature on it plays once and stops. I would have thought that it would play the next step and so on until the end.

Have I missed a setting or something?

Can someone please help?

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: how do I play all steps in the cue list?

Post by Partyman »

It appears that you made multiple 1 step sequences. You will be much better served adding steps to the individual sequences which allows for length and fade times. The (+) will add steps to your sequences and you can test them to see that they are responding the way you like.

Rusty
kittmaster
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.2

Post by kittmaster »

Rusty sounds like he has your problem identified correctly. Think of the cue button as a "single" event trigger to run a series of "scenes" that you want to run. When you create your scenes, they can/will have 1 - XXXX steps. So when you press cue 1's button, it will run the scene with saaaaaaaay 100 steps that you created, when you click cue button 2, it plays the scene that has 294 steps, cue button three will play.........XXXX and so on.

All of your work should be done in the cue editor, you create each scene for each step of the program for each and every light for that sequence of lights. The cue BUTTON is only used to TRIGGER the cue scenes that you created for your custom shows.

If you doing anything with the light in "auto" mode, then all of this goes out the window, if your using it as say a 4 par chase sequence, then you can use each step to sequence the chase pattern.

So if you have a red, green, yellow, blue par can (1 per channel in hardware), then if you chased left to right, you'd have 4 "scenes" each separated by the time interval you specify. If you were to sequence it back right to left, you'd have 8 "scenes" total and if you looped that, the 8 scenes create 1 specific cue pattern to trigger when you press it.
tonym1

Post by tonym1 »

Hi thanks for your reply. I think I might have confused you. I have created several steps and saved them as a .chb file. I then open the cue window and drag a .chb file into a vacant slot. I have several cues loaded but they only play the last cue even though all have the red square beside them. I have FS synced via midi to Traktor pro could this be the problem?
kittmaster
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.2

Post by kittmaster »

on the left side "gear" drop down, try to select > Cue multiselect always enabled and see if that fixes your issue.
tonym1

Post by tonym1 »

Thanks for your suggestions but Still having problems, I'm getting really frustrated now. All I want to do is to get a sequence to play one after another from the cue list.
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

What about GoMonkey wouldn't that solved your issue?
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

Did you add these through the submasters?

I do that same thing and you have to create a submasters list.
It's like a palette of dynamics you create.
Read the wiki about how the submasters work. If you are wanting to trigger the cues via a midi controller then the submasters is the best way to create your cues and add them to the Cue lists.
Check the Wiki on how to do this. :)
cogden1954
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by cogden1954 »

I am also very new to freestyler, but it sounds tony wants the "Loop all sequences" option checked under the left gear drop down on the cuelist.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”