These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

midi sequencer

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
oliverst14
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

midi sequencer

Post by oliverst14 »

Hello everyone

I'm having trouble with quite a specific problem that I'm wondering if someone can help with.

I use pangolin livepro and freestyler on live shows and have got used to both platforms and they work great for live shows but both programs don't have timelines and only livepro has proper timecode settings although both grograms do allow midi input output.

Iv got a laser, firework and lighting projection show coming up that needs to be programmed to a set music piece perfectly in time with the music. I decided to go down the route of a midi sequencer sending midi notes out to each program I'm running to set off the sequences and cues.

I have managed to sync my fire work firing program to my music sequencer (nhc mixpad) alpng with pangolin but I'm having real trouble getting freestyler to launch sequences with the midi signal.

I am using loopbe to send the midi signal between the programs, I have setup a midi note to send out of nhc mixpad on channel 1, note 127 and programmed freestyler to accept note 127 on page 1. Iv setup the input as loopbe on freestyler and the output as loop be on mixpad but it simply doesn't do anything.

I then tried using the learn feature whilst playing the note and the number changed from 64 in freestyler to 127 meaning the 2 programs are talking to each other but freestyler just doesn't want to play the sequence.

I then tried doing the same thing with other midi settings to see if it would react to any of them but nothing. I tried making midi open the gobo but nothing and I tried getting midi to start a new sequence but nothing. I then hooked up the bcf midi controller to see if it's a bug with frestyker but the behringer worked fine sellectimg the sequences ect.

I'm baffled and could really do with some help.

Thanks and if you need any more info please let me know

Ollie

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9

Re: midi sequencer

Post by Spirit »

hi the only thing i can see is:
BE SURE:
you send CC# / program change
the velocity MUCH reach 127 (or you can change this in the freestyler.ini file.)

thats all and i have got it working so it should work.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
oliverst14

Post by oliverst14 »

hi

thanks for the reply. im not sure how to check if the program is sending cc messages? do you know how i can do that?

also what setup do you use such as sequencer cause i have tried this and reaper and nothing seems to work, i have tried everything and it just simply doesnt work, i know it should but just doesnt.

i think your right i dont think the sequencer is sending cc messages but i dont know how to check this and if it is not i dont know how to change it so the sequencer does send them

thanks oli
oliverst14

Post by oliverst14 »

iv just checked midi ox and it looks like when the midi signal is running its sending a note on and not off signal, once it has finished a cc note is sent which says pedal next to it. a bit confused to say the least haha
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9

Post by Spirit »

hi
theres also a option on the midi config that enables Note off and Note on massages.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance

Return to “FreeStyler Software”