These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

DMX Off? [SOLVED]

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: DMX Off? [SOLVED]

Post by Nathanrs93 »

buttza wrote:What version was it again Nathanrs93? :) Can't remember the number. I might have it. :)
Version? I believe he's on about the BETA easy view that's gone from the nicolaudie website, buttza :)

spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by spud1511 »

Got there in the end, I just waited a while and downloaded the current normal easyview release and now it works (it has a different file size to the supposedly identical one I downloaded last week, so either something's been tweaked or the older download could have been corrupted). It's newer than the beta that disappeared so I guess it's been tested and tweaked into an official release now.
Guess I can finally start creating stuff.... Thanks people!
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

Nathanrs93 wrote:
buttza wrote:What version was it again Nathanrs93? :) Can't remember the number. I might have it. :)
Version? I believe he's on about the BETA easy view that's gone from the nicolaudie website, buttza :)
Yeah I know, but I downloaded the old beta version and saved it ages ago. :) Just can't remember the version it was. :) I was going to drop box it but since it is back all good. :) lol
I should have made myself clearer. :) lol
My bad. :o :P
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

spud1511 wrote:Got there in the end, I just waited a while and downloaded the current normal easyview release and now it works (it has a different file size to the supposedly identical one I downloaded last week, so either something's been tweaked or the older download could have been corrupted). It's newer than the beta that disappeared so I guess it's been tested and tweaked into an official release now.
Guess I can finally start creating stuff.... Thanks people!
Oh right, that's good news! Make sure you share them with us here : viewforum.php?f=52
buttza wrote:
Nathanrs93 wrote:
Yeah I know, but I downloaded the old beta version and saved it ages ago. :) Just can't remember the version it was. :) I was going to drop box it but since it is back all good. :) lol
I should have made myself clearer. :) lol
My bad. :o :P
Oh right, I see :)
spud1511
FS is my life

Post by spud1511 »

Lesson learned, i had been away from freestyler for several years using a small hardware controller. This time I will make many many copies of my install and custom fixture files, its taken me ages to get the easyview screen movements to properly match the real lights with all the rotation and prism speeds and directions etc.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and look for files though.
chriske
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by chriske »

Hi folks!

I just had the same problem with the lastest stable FreeStyler version 3.5.5 from the forum.

I did a fresh install with Magic 3D option set to on during the install, added some fixtures and tried to use Magic 3D easy view. After pressing the "3D" button in FreeStyler Magic 3D is loading and the "Universes patch" - window shows up, where you can select "Art-NET", "SandNET" or simply "auto-selection". But whatever you select - the connection between FS and M3D works in no case. M3D shows always "Controlled by FreeStyler" but also "DMX OFF" :(

After reading this topic: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=5579

i found out that the problem seems to be the MEVP.dll. In the original M3D install (from/with FS) the MEVP.dll is from 2007-05-03 - the one from the MEVP.zip archive (which is also installed in the FS directory with FS 3.5.5) is from 2014-01-15 - way newer!

So these were my steps that solved my problem:

1. do a fresh install of freestyler 3.5.5 with M3D Easy Viewer

2. rename the old MEVP.dll located in the FS Directory (usually C:\FreeStyler) to "MEVP_old.dll" or simply remove it

3. replace it by the newer one from the MEVP.zip archive located also in the FS directory

4. Run FS and make sure to have some fixtures added

5. Run M3D Easy Viewer using the "3D" button in FS

6. the "universes patch" window shows up - now with three options "ArtNET", "SandNET" and "Freestyler"

7. select the "Freestyler" option and press ok.

8. now M3D shows "DMX ON". test the connection - it should work now. :)

opinions? Is this just my problem or is it a general problem with 3.5.5?
Maybe someone of the developers should read this?
spud1511
FS is my life

Post by spud1511 »

Thanks for sharing that.

I already had got it working with the nuke option (replacing everything m3d related from nicolaude site with another easyview installation), but now you isolated the individual dll file maybe the dev's could update the installer and save everyone the headache.

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”