These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Midi control of freestyler functions

Questions regarding general external control forum.
mrchacha100
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/

Midi control of freestyler functions

Post by mrchacha100 »

Hi there

I have a frustrating problem that I cannot fathom. I am trying to control the "next scene" button via midi so that I can implement a rough timecode of a show. I am testing this using a midi keyboard connected to an m-audio M-track. When going through the midi setup, freestyler is seeing the note come in and I can assign it to the relevant command but once I click save and return to the home screen, upon pressing the key again, nothing happens. The configuration on the note is as follows Note: 96, Page 1. The velocity is 80 and I have turned of the keyboards velocity so as to have the same value each time the key is pressed. Does freestyler only accept certain notes and velocities and if so which? (I only need one) I have tried the note on/off option but still nothing changes.

Thanks to all who try to help!

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Midi control of freestyler functions

Post by Spirit »

Hi
freestyler needs a velocity of "127" For ON and "0" for OFF
if you go to the freestyler directory you can open de freestyler.ini file with a notepad here you can change the velocity MAX. default = 127 in your case = 80

/Spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance

Return to “General Midi Controllers”