These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Behringer DDM-4000 [SOLVED]

Questions regarding general external control forum.
mrboogie
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Behringer DDM-4000 [SOLVED]

Post by mrboogie »

Hello, I am a complete newbie to Freestlyer and DMX lighting. I did a quick search for the Behringer DDM-4000 DJ mixer here in this forum and found nothing. I own this mixer and I would like to use it as external midi controller for Freestyler.

I successful installed Freestyler on the laptop and I am able to control my ADJ Mega Bar 50RC via the KEDSUM® DMX512 USB I purchased from Amazon. The only problem is I cannot get the Behringer DDM-4000 to actually adjust any Freestyler settings via midi.

The DDM-4000 is connect to my Native Instruments Audio8 soundcard via 3 pin midi. The Audio8 is connected to my laptop via USB.

When I do the midi setup it appears Freestyler is receiving midi. I tried to assign a DDM-4000 button to "start sequence 1" and the midi note box shows (144),53. The velocity shows (0) value, and the midi channel displays ch1.

However, after I save the setup. The DDM-4000 will not actually trigger the sequence with the button I assigned.

Please advise. Thanks.

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Behringer DDM-4000

Post by Spirit »

a quick look i see (144) is a NOTE ON / NOTE OFF midi command.
by default freestyler doesnt use these midi command.
but you can enable this. on the midi config page.
there is a "option" on the right top of the midi config there you can enable it.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
mrboogie
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Behringer DDM-4000

Post by mrboogie »

YES... Thank you Spirit. It's working now.

Return to “General Midi Controllers”