These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Can't Control with Midi Buttons since VERSION 3.5.4

Questions regarding general external control forum.
jmibk
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/

Can't Control with Midi Buttons since VERSION 3.5.4

Post by jmibk »

Since the version 3.5.1 ive problems to get any midi controller running in fs.
FS detects the controller and everything works like in the previous versions, but:

buttons enable a function, they dont dissable it. Ive seen, that there are new functions in the midi window:

Can everone explain the new things and whats the correct settings are, to press a button, pressing the corresponding override button, when releasing the midi button, releases the corresponding override button (when the override button is a flash button).

Ive tried different midi controllers, on every try the same problem.

myworld04
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.4
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Can't Control with Midi Buttons since VERSION 3.5.4

Post by myworld04 »

I have the same problem.
I use "Freestyler 3.3.2" for a long time. For the control I use a "Korg Nano Key" to control the "overide button". Everything works fine.

Now I have installed "Freestyler 3.5.4". The "Nano Key" is selected. Also, the notes will be programmed. But the "overide button" show no reaction.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!
FreestylerSetup3.5.4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

What am I doing wrong?
you did not download the new version 3.5.5

on 3.5.4 there where allot of midi issues and they should be fixed on 3.5.5

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
robdquick
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/2gmobiledj

Post by robdquick »

Does anybody know if version 3.5.5 will still support the same midi commands as 3.5.4?? I got my controller all set up and working with 3.5.4 using Bomes, I don't want to download the new version if it's going to stop working again!!
redvandan
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler

Post by redvandan »

I have version 3.5.5 when I first open up the program everything works I can get all the override buttons to do there thing, I can even go from tab 1-6 one time after that the tabs and the override buttons become null and void as if they were never programmed though if I open the midi editor I still see them responding as incoming signal. I'm lost, plus I use an APC 40 and as stated in other posts I would like to know if there is a way to make it so I see a light come on, on the controller if say an override is on and off if it turns off. thanks I know those are fairly different questions th be in the same feed but any help is appreciated
Uriahdemon
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Uriahdemon »

Unfortunately I have the same problem here when I updated from 3.5.2 to 3.5.5. Programming looks just fine on my overrides but this is not seen by FS. Any help appreciated please....??
UniCav
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2

Post by UniCav »

I've been fighting weird MIDI problems for awhile in 3.5.4 and just discovered it's the active repeater cable I was using, but while troubleshooting I discovered I had to enable Note On / Note Off in the MIDI setup in 3.5.4 and 3.5.5 and the new BETA version. That solved part of my problem
jokke
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7

Midi do not work

Post by jokke »

I have a midi mouse, and it will not Work a all.

I have midi OX and there is the pedal all good, but wount Work in Freestyle why?

is there an easy fix, i tried with version 3.5.2 / 3.5.5 & 3.5.7

Return to “General Midi Controllers”