These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Diy interface?

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
jgaskill
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.4

Diy interface?

Post by jgaskill »

Hey Guys,
Does anybody know of a cheap diy DMX interface that is compatible with Freestyler, I am trying to lower my costs as much as possible, and I dont want to spend much money because it will only be used once or twice before it goes into storage, never to be seen again.

Thanks
Jacob.

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Diy interface?

Post by Spirit »

hi

this isnt a simple quastion.
as wat do you see as cheap because you have intefaces from 20,- euro to 1000,-
so a 125,- interface is also cheap.

but it all bepant on what your going to controll in turm of the amout of fixtures.

if you only to plan to controll 10 fixtures a interface from 20,- euro will be fine.
but if you what to controll more fixture i sugest to buy a interface with build in proccesing unit.

but there are many USB to DMX cables. that are realy cheap.
here is a list of supported interfaces.
http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... _interface

ans for DIY you can look at the dmx interface from velleman ( its not the best)
or you can get your self a Arduino and realy DIY it and you can use the Arduino for later use ;) and use the Enttec open driver.
http://www.mathertel.de/Arduino/
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
jgaskill

Post by jgaskill »

Thanks,
spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by spud1511 »

Couldn't you pick up a decent dmxking pro unit for not too much money (maybe even a used one?) and just sell it on as soon as your done to recoup most of your investment? Even a possibility of all of it if you start with a decent value used unit and sell at the right time.
The cheapy cheap rubbish won't be worth anything to resell, but an enttec pro or dmxking pro unit will still fetch a few notes.
jgaskill

Post by jgaskill »

spud1511 wrote:Couldn't you pick up a decent dmxking pro unit for not too much money (maybe even a used one?) and just sell it on as soon as your done to recoup most of your investment? Even a possibility of all of it if you start with a decent value used unit and sell at the right time.
The cheapy cheap rubbish won't be worth anything to resell, but an enttec pro or dmxking pro unit will still fetch a few notes.
That is something that my company will be looking into, thankyou.

Return to “DMX Interfaces”